An Old-Fashioned and Very Long List Meme
A friend sent this to me via email and then another and then I saw it on another person’s blog and realized that I probably should respond and plus it makes good filler for those “I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off” days.
1.What time did you get up this morning? 7:30–I wake up at certain times and either do my devotions or go back to sleep if no one is up. No one else got up until 9:30
2. Hunting, Fishing or sitting in front a computer? I like hunting for information and fishing for good deals and walking around outside when I take breaks from working on my computer or painting. So there–I hate that question. My mom’s husband is a hunter/fisher person and is deathly afraid of computers as are a large majority of people in our rather hick-town community. And “sitting in front of your computer” is generally a put down in conversations around here.
4. What is your favorite TV show? We don’t have cable or an antennae so we only get to see what we can borrow from the library or what we get from Netflix or Swap-a-DVD. That said I LOVE Wonderfalls, Firefly, As Time Goes By, To the Manor Born, and Red Dwarf.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Black coffee, a hand full of supplements, and a 6 oz bar of dark chocolate with all natural peanut butter or a hand full of almonds.
6. What is your middle name? Marie–which I HATE.
7. What food do you dislike? Most potatoes, deep fried junk food (unless it is donuts or Chinese), canned veggies (I like fresh or frozen only thank you), Calimari, cheddar cheese pierogies.
8. What is your favorite CD? That is a trick question. I have list depending on the style and time period. Right now I am listening to Jars of Clay Redemptions Songs–which I like but which is not my usual fair. Past favorites include 10,000 Maniacs Blind Man’s Zoo, The soundtrack from Gross Point Blank, the soundtrack from Pretty in Pink, the soundtrack from Sleepless in Seattle, The Best of Ella Fitzgerald, and Vivaldi’s Four Seasons.
9. What kind of car do you drive? A stupid, tiny green Mitsubishi that doesn’t like cold weather and barely fits our family but it is paid off and it runs and the gas mileage isn’t too bad.
10. Favorite sandwich? It used to be a BLT on Rye but I can’t eat tomato so bacon, lettuce, mustard, cheddar and swiss burger with pickles and onion–though I seldom eat it as I prefer salad, steak salad or cranberry almond salad specifically.
11. What characteristic do you despise? one-upping.
12. Favorite item of clothing? My Old Navy jeans, my black leather beret, and my high heeled black leather boots.
13. If you could go anywhere on vacation where would you go? A cross country style trip, first south to visit one of my best friends in VA, then NC, then Florida to see my brother and two bloggy friends then west to visit some friends in Texas then back home. 🙂
14. What color is your bathroom? ICK!!! Baby blue and pink tile–think fifties. IT is horrid and my least favorite aspect of our house.
15. Favorite brand of clothing? Hmm. That is tricky. How about thrift shop brand? 🙂 Though I guess if I think about it a large portion of my clothes are Old Navy brand though I usually get them at the thrift shop.
16. Where do you want to retire to? Retire???? What is that???? I plan to keep painting where ever I am as long as I can hold a paintbrush and plan to be with my hubby then. Neither of us plan on retiring unless we just get drummed out of the business or can’t keep up.
17. What was your most recent memorable holidays? Um, I don’t remember? We are kind of the type who all days are holy instead of some days are holy type. We kind of celebrate holidays but not too much and nothing really memorable.
18. Favorite sport to watch? Sport? What is that? My husband used to be a member of a Capture the Flag Team, in fact he was one fo their star players, but that was online and somehow I don’t thin that is what you meant. Never mind.
19. Furthest place you are sending this? don’t know 20. Who do you least expect to send this back? no expectations 21. Person you expect to send it back first? see above
22. Favorite sayings?
Do the next thing.
Don’t tell me, show me.
Be strong and very courageous, do not be afraid, do not be terrified, because I the Lord your God will be with you wherever you may go. Joshua 1:9–paraphrase.
For I know the plans I have for you, plans for good and not for evil. Jeremiah paraphrase
23. When is your birthday? August 20
24. Are you a morning person or a night person? both. I am NOT a middle of the day person. I like getting up early and I like staying up late but I hate afternoons.
25. What is your shoe size? 6.5 -7–it depends on the style, sometimes a 7.5 though not so often.
26. Pets? Well in Harvest Moon I a dog, a pig, a horse, two sheep, and a cow. Oh wait, you meant in real life. Oh. We have some mice running around the house but no pets, hubby is allergic. I did have a cat growing up and my family had three different dogs at different points.
27. Are you reading any good books right now? I just finished The Lioness and The Squire and just reread Patricia Wrede’s dragon series and The Artemis Fowl books. But nothing at the moment.
28. What did you want to be when you were little? A quarterback (my dad was a football coach), an artist, a singer, a mommy, and a fairy living in the moss in our yard.
29. How are you today? How am I what? Next question.
30. What is your favorite candy? 70% Dark chocolate. Junior mints.
31. What is your favorite flower? Blue-its
32. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? I have a hard time keeping track of what week we are on let alone day and I don’t plan ahead.
33. What church do you attend? Home-church. See previous article.
34. What are you listening to right now? The sound of Esther playing Harvest Moon and Issac asking me to play a board game with him.
35. What was the last thing you ate? An awesome spring salad mix with cranberries, feta cheese, and sliced almonds from Sam’s Club
36. Do you wish on stars? No
37. If you were a crayon what color would you be? Um, it depends on what day. Some days I am a deep magenta red, other days more of a wine color, and other days more of a deep, deep purple or Payne’s grey.
38. How is the weather right now? Well, it is snowing and very cold. Yesterday it was warm enough to melt away the 3 inches of snow we had accumulated the day before and now this. Crazy weather we have around here. It does make for some great conversations about geological things, like how pot holes form.
39 Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? My mother-in-law
40. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yes, of course, what a juvenile question.
41. Favorite soft drink? Yuck. If I have to have something other than water or coffee then I will have a Fuze or I guess a diet Pepsi or a Squirt.
42. Favorite restaurant? This one is up for grabs. We have two awesome locally owned Chinese restaurants and one wonderful locally owned Mexican restaurant.
43. Hair color? a mousy shade of brown with auburn highlights and a few stray greys.
44. Favorite day of the year? I kind of like all days.
45. What was your favorite toy as a child? My Cabbage Patch Kid, Sharon Renae–who my son now cares for and my brother’s Construx.
46. Summer or winter? All seasons for a short time then I am sick of it and ready to move to the next–yes I tend to be of the likes change and rather impatient variety.
47. Hugs or kisses? Kisses from hubby, hugs from everyone else–not a touchy feel-y type.
48. Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla unless it is candy then definitely chocolate
49. Do you want your friends to email you back? no preference
50. When was the last time you cried? Three weeks ago when I was seriously messed up hormonal.
51. What is under your bed? Pull out bins storing off season/off size shoes.
52. Who is the friend you have had the longest? My kid brother?
53. What did you do last night? Slept? Played Harvest Moon?
54. Favorite smell? My kids hair after a bath.
55. Plain, buttered, or salted Popcorn? Plain or lightly salted.
56. How many keys on your key ring? At least 3 though I am not sure and I don’t know what they are all for. 🙂
57. How many years at your current job? I have been married 11 years, a mom for 10, a homeschool teacher from that moment on, an artist for as long as I can remember, and an off and on web designer for 6 years.
58. Favorite day of the week? I like every day.
59. How many towns have you lived in? 6.
60. Do you make friends easily? Yes and no. I have a hard time talking to people in person (I stutter and blur my words when nervous) and there is the whole “have nothing in common” bit, but if I do have things in common or can talk online then I guess yes. (I type much better than I talk unless I am VERY comfortable with you.)
61. How many people will you be sending this to? Don’t know yet
62. Who has the cutest kid in America? ME of course. How dare you question me. 🙂