Randomly random because my head is still busy
- I gave up and cut my hair. I have been getting a lot of headaches lately and it hurts to have my heavy, thick hair up and it bugs me to have it down so chop-chop. I did ask the kids if it would be all right (I kept it long because they loved it) but too much is enough. And so, my new head: It is frizzy here because my hair is naturally VERY wavy and I hadn’t used a straight iron (which surprisingly does not straighten it though it does smooth it.) Yes I cut it myself using lots of time and mirrors and hair clips. I hate having someone else do it because my hair is tricksie and they always mess it up. This is my favorite cut, is flattering on most people and looks good with my favorite accessories–hats and hoop earrings. No straight on shot because I was having a hard time getting the camera set up.:)
- The girls have been working hard at learning to draw and paint better and have been using my poor sad bunny as a model (no, I do not own an actual model, he is out of my head and the kids are using him as a spring board for their own paintings. We have bunnies EVERYWHERE. It is my humble opinion that these bunnies are BREEDING.
- Issac has been enjoying what snow we have been having (off and on, snow then rain then back again, driving us all insane–“Make up your MIND!” The girls built giant snowmen down in the field and Issac worked on a speed bump.
- Rachel has been spending every possible moment either playing chess with her new board or trying to convince someone to play with her. Here she is with a friend (sporting a new haircut which I had just done a few moments before and which reminded me how much I LOVE this haircut.) They had a great game while their brothers who are the same age were upstairs cleaning up a bit of a mess.
- The mess? Oh my. Do you KNOW how many teeny, tiny Styrofoam balls are in one of those squishy nylon pillows? Especially the squishy purple marshmallow bunny pillow? I am STILL cleaning up those stupid little balls. The boys found the balls that had come out of the peep which the girls KEPT instead of throwing away and dumped them in every, single corner of the mess (which the girls were supposed to have cleaned) of a room which is the girls. You see the mound of laundry? That was AFTER I took several loads downstairs. The girls had left PILES of clothes and blankets on the floor which were then covered in very static-y little balls. The 2 7 year old boys had to clean as much as they could but the girls then had to deep clean their room (like they were supposed to).
- I got a new camera which is wonderful and capable of taking lowlight photos without a flash which is why these photos exist –usually I wouldn’t have enough light to take these. And it takes MUCH better photos of my art without a lot of lightboxes and fuss–this shot below is right off my drawing table no extra light or anything.
- Oh, and then there are the elephants. I am still working on the new website for my art so I posted it over at Elasah.com but I got a new palatte and watercolor journal and jumped in and did this weeks Inspire me Thursday which you can see here:
Hubby says that now I have to dye it blue or purple so I can look like one of our favorite anime characters, and it is AWFULLY tempting: