The Year of Fixing
After years of trying to get back on track (and pay off our debt) this is apparently the year of fixing. Fixing the car, fixing our health, replacing things that can’t be fixed, just plain getting things back in order.
- Shamus has gotten a benign cyst that I was sure was a unicorn horn starting on his forehead.
- Rachel has been diagnosed with moderate hearing loss . She has cheap over-the-counter hearing aids that rub but which help enough that she willing wears them anyway. Our goal is to be able to get her a pair of digital ones (including bluetooth for music, phone, computer) BEFORE she moves out in the next year.
- New glasses for Es and I – much needed, including reading glasses for me. This would make me feel old except that I have needed reading glasses off and on since I was 18.
- Replaced dead Wii with Wii U.
- New sewing machine to replace multiple dead or nearly dead old ones.
- Full glaucoma workup for both Shamus and Es because apparently there is weird eye stuff running in that side of the family.
- Get Rach in to doctor for proper inhaler script, permission to get hearing aids (because the FDA is weird), and get her driver’s permit physical.
- Get car doors fixed- our car has issues. Every door has something wrong with it, 2 don’t open at all, one only opens from out outside, one only opens from inside and one works but has a broken bit so you have to open it just so.
- Get Rach decent digital hearing aids that suit her needs. Preferably ones with bluetooth that can be adjusted from her phone and can be used with bluetooth so she can easily do what she does, like talk on Skype, listen to music, watch movies.
- Get a good printer for printing art so the girls and I can, you know, print our art.
I am sure there is more that I have forgotten.
Lots of general stuff going on:
- Rach graduating and moving out (soon).
- Rach working on independent study of art and possibly video game design and programming.
- Me working on the book illustrations, working full time, and working on several websites.
- Es working as content manager for a website.
- Es designing and creating a video game.
- Es writing a webcomic.
- Issac doing his thing (mostly video games, Lego, and hanging out online with friends while growing and eating and growing some more.
- Shamus writing, writing, writing, working on Good Robot, writing some more, doing Spoiler Warning and the podcast and writing some more.