Category: wordless wednesday
It has been raining here–a lot. Took these shots over at my mom’s place of my dad’s pond. This is my childhood place. *End Wordless Wednesday*
Things are suddenly crazy busy. I finished moving the big web site over to the new server and suddenly have tons of art projects, all vying for my immediate attention.
- Working on a picture book with hubby. It may go no where but regardless it is a fun project and since my husband is a wonderful word-smith, it is as funny as heck. We are having a great time and this is shaping up to be a very cute and funny book.
- Working on illustrations for another writer who sent me a cute story. Don’t know if anything will come of it but it is a fun project as well.
- Working on the art classes, still have several more to write plus interacting with all the great kids, and adults, who are involved.
- Have a commission to do–got it in the email last night. Need to get printer up and running so I can print out the image so I can get started. It is a beautiful photo and I can’t wait to work from it.
- Came up with another story idea for hubby to work on last night–based very loosely on an illustration he had me do for a mini-comic he is posting (probably not safe for kids–his site is a geek site about games and whatnot and I would consider most of his writing PG.)
- Have some more website work I REALLY need to do, several need designed, another needs information added, another needs some basic maintenance.
- Need to produce some children’s art that is sell-able (hubby says not to sell the bunnies) for a children’s art gallery/sales site that has shown interest in my work.
- The kids? Oh yeah them. They are happily keeping busy playing outside, reading TONS of books (got 20 out of the library yesterday and Rachel has already gone through 4 of them), playing Wii, playing board games.
- Finally, I have moved over to Imagekind from Zazzle (Zazzle didn’t play nice with my Ubuntu with Firefox 3 and when I emailed them they told me to install IE7–um, no. They didn’t even bother to read that I CAN’t–not theat I would if I could. Ick.) I am THRILLED with ImageKind. It is an art print site instead of a product site. I am really enjoying it all around and have had no trouble with any part iof it. If you do photography or art and are interested in having prints available to customers I would definitely recommend them–Danielle, this means you.
I have been working on the new multi-site theme so much that our house is trashed and the bigger groceries still need put away. And so of course we went out yesterday to visit Grandma, go to the park, and go out to eat with her.
While out the kids figured out how to figure out how many waiters were on the wallpaper boarder in the pizza shop (146) without counting them all (they were in groups of eight), they learned that too much greasy food makes you want to eat salad forever, how big and heavy a 50# bag of flour is, that you can play go fish with ocean fish cards in the car (someone has to be the table), among other things.