Random list of lots of stuff going on in my head
After writing that post God took me at my word and spread me as thin as I could manage. Since then I have:
- been working on a new painting which you can see over at Elasah.com (it is nearer to being done than it was in the photos). It is my husband’s new favorite.
- been working on a new way of doing chores with the kids, and it is working! Dawn over at Colours of Dawn explained it on her site and I tried it, did I mention it is working? She has older kids and has been there. 🙂 I should mention that I have tried something similar before but it didn’t work because my kids were not old enough to all be able to do the same chores. Now they are and each takes on a general job for a week, then we switch each week. So right now we have a wiper (in charge of all wiping things off that needs done), a picker upper (in charge of all non-obvious picking up of stuff), and a sweeper (in charge of sweeping all non carpeted floors). Our house is STAYING clean.
- been preparing for our middle child birthday. Essie will turn 9 on Saturday. One of the benefits of turning nine in our house is being allowed to get your ears pierced, which she has done. And she is getting an Eee PC–a joint gift from all family members for Christmas and birthday, whcih I have had to play with test out.
- been working on something that I am feeling prompted to do. It seems odd, but I am working on filling out the form to apply for being on Extremem Home Makeover. I can’t imagine why other than God had laid it on a friend’s heart and another friend affirmed that she thought we should apply, and a family member agreed. It is hard to do and taking a lot of my brain to think how best to fill out the forms (it reminds me of filling out college applications). They ask a lot of questions where you have to explain why you think you should get it and deserve it and I don’t really think we do and should–so many other families are in much more dire need. Yes, our house has some serious issues, no, we can’t afford to fix it, yes, it causes some trouble with our health issues. Anyway, it is a hard thing to do but God is still prompting me to do it so I am, for whatever reason He wants as I don’t really expect to be on the show, doing it.
- sleeping a lot. I had a migraine all day and slept for over 5 hours of it. The kids did great and I am proud of them for not trashing the house or killing each other while I slept. 🙂 I have also been feeling very quiet and since I have not had a lot of words, not been saying much.
- been working at obedience. God has brought multiple areas where I needed to obey Him to mind since I last wrote and as always that is a hard thing but a good thing. And so I have been obeying. Some of those have been about money others have been just putting my foot in the water, like with the application, but also inviting the family of the girls’ friends from my mil’s church to come to our house to celebrate Essie’s birthday. Turns out their daughter has a birthday the day after and they also were not having a party. I have never met them so it meant cold calling them, which is hard for me. However, I am excited as my mother-in-law has been talking about this family a lot as they have a lot of health issues as well (though more physical ones) and also a lot of house issues and somehow I feel we may have a lot in common. Of course the fact that their kids are the same ages as mine might have somethign to do with it. 🙂
- And that is enough. My brain is still smooshy from the migraine and I need to go to sleep. So I will leave you a picture of Essie in their clean room whcih they cleaned because they wanted to without my prompting!