The 6 weird things and the 9 weird things, the quirky things, the boring things–those memes have been floating around fr forever and I have answered them numerous times on various sites I have owned. It occurred to me though, that since I deleted my old sites (including my list of 100), maybe I should share some of my oddities so that those of you who are only just getting to know me know where I am coming from and aren’t horribly shocked when you discover these things in some round about way. I am not going to number them because I don’t know how many I am going to list, just whatever comes to mind
I am not going to tag anyone–if you read this then consider yourself tagged–I LOVE to know more about my readers (most of whom I consider friends more than readers since I don’t think of myself as one of those sites that has, you know, “readers”.
- I hate lists, passionately, but I use them because it is how I was taught to organize information but if something is on a list I will read it once and walk away never to look at it again.
- That is okay because I have a nearly photographic memory and if I actually look hard at the list I will remember what was on it, except for the bits I don’t really care about, those I forget.
- I am not easily offended, not at all. Occasionally something will get caught in my craw but not usually. If it does I have a rotten memory for stuff like that and get over it quickly.
- One of the blessings of my rotten short term memory is the ability to reread things a zillion times and not be bothered by it. And yes, I can tell you where to find some quote in my favorite reread books, but I can’t word it perfectly, and I can tell you what movie quotes are from but not say them myself.
- Also, most of my vocabulary is from books, which means if you meet me I will NOT pronounce things correctly, and I will likely (when nervous) stutter and loose words.
- I usually have a dozen projects in my head at once, which may or may not include housework. My husband doesn’t mind, considering my art work and my time with the kids more important–unless the floors are utterly trashed, there are no clean dishes, or we are out of clean clothes.
- I LOVE to organize things but can’t KEEP them organized, I LOVE art projects but hate doing useless crafts (I do love practical crafts and you will often find me reworking something in our house to fill a need elsewhere.)
- I almost never buy something new if I can buy it used. I also refuse to have someone else do something for me that I can easily do myself. And often think I can do something myself then find I need help.
- This happens more often now as my rheumatoid arthritis pops up more often–which means I can’t push myself like I used to.
- I have had RA since Jr. High though it wasn’t diagnosed right away–I only take supplements and watch my weight and eat healthy to keep it at bay–I refuse to take steroids or most prescriptions. I had a severe bout with candida overgrowth and food allergies which diet and enzymes help with–my kids struggle with the same.
- I hate clutter if I notice it but usually I don’t unless it is spread out or if I am getting sick.
- I don’t like working for other people because I push myself too hard to meet their expectations and then never ask for how much the job was actually worth.
- I am a rotten business woman.
- I love helping other people in whatever way I can and only charge because my husband insists.
- I hate gossip and celebrities, I don’t watch tv (if we had cable I would watch sci-fi channel, hgtv, & tlc). Foolish people drive me insane.
- I LOVE fashion and making my own style–which usually includes heels or tall boots, long skirt or jeans, and a black beret.
- I love blues and 40’s pop music, Tsuji Ayano, 80’s alternative and punk, and techno remixes.
- I love playing Gamecube & DS (especially puzzle games and RPG) and have had several total addictions including Puzzle Pirates, Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, and Puzzle Quest.
- I keep up on politics but refuse to talk to most people I know about it since I am against anything that limits our constitutonal rights and takes away freedoms. (I am a Christian, unschooling, constitutional/libertarian–which you will find, if you read through the New Testament thoroughly, makes perfect sense–but I WILL NOT argue about it unless I find that you have unformed opinions.)
- I married my husband because of his incredible sense of humor. I am glad to find that I am not the only one who thinnks he is brilliantly funny.
- I absolutely hate and abhor Microsoft. I have been moving towards completely open source software since 2002, have been blogging off and on since 1990, and finally am almost completey weened off all things Microsoft (I use Ubuntu and LOVE it.) The only time I use Windows at all is to watch Netflix because Rach and I are enjoying Dr. Who.
- I have NEVER been concise–I can’t seem to do it. Hubby often has to remind me to “get to the point” and obviously the same goes for here.
So, if you made it this far, tell me about you.